Peterborough United entertain Fleetwood Town in this week in their first home league match of the 2020/21 season.
Posh were beaten comfortably in their season opener at Accrington Stanley, with Darren Ferguson’s men losing 2-0 without creating a real clear cut chance.
They will be looking to bounce back immediately, and will be hoping for three points against one of Sky Bet League One’s promotion contenders.
Before the game, we spoke to Knappers, a massive Fleetwood Town fan who owns Cods Vlogs, a youtube channel with excellent content.
Here is a look at what he had to say heading into Saturday’s big game:
1) You were obviously beaten in the Play-Offs last season. What would you consider to be a “good” season for Fleetwood this year?
Challenge. Every year we have improved under Joey Barton, he’s a fantastic manager and loves football. The squad we have is one of the best in the league.
2) You got off to a winning start last weekend against Burton, how did it feel to have football back and how did you feel watching it on iFollow rather than being at Highbury?
Hard, but we went months without it. I’d take watching at home right now rather than not have it whatsoever. It was a good win and keeps the run going. 2 losses in the last 23 competitive matches. Barton has built a culture to be proud of. No little Fleetwood anymore.
3) In your pre-season prediction you had Posh to go up as champions. What makes you think we’ve got what it takes?
I think the way you’ve invested. You spend money wisely. You have a manager that knows this league. I think you need about 85 points and 80+ goals to go up. You have goals flowing though your team.
4) Which Fleetwood player has the potential to cause Posh the most damage and why?
Paddy Madden. Scores goals. Already a danger and will always get 15+. Knows the league and is the difference between mid table and play offs.
5) Which Posh player are you most concerned about heading into Saturday’s game and why?
JCH. Again a threat at this level. Strong, fast and direct and deadly in front of goal. He will want to get a goal on his home debut.
6) You did the double over us last season, do you think that could affect the outcome of the game? Fleetwood over confidence? Posh determined to put things right?
New season. Last season has been and gone. We will want to prove it was no fluke. You will want to finally get one over on us. It will be an interesting game.
7) Joey Barton is very well known in football, but it’s fair to say he doesn’t have the best reputation. What’s it like to have him as manager?
I love him. Never a dull moment. At first I wasn’t keen and thought the football wasn’t great. But he’s won me over. He has got this ore about him that you want to be in his culture that he is building. He will go to the top in the game. Very knowledgeable as well.
8) Finally…score prediction (with goal scorers if you’re feeling brave)
1-1. JCH and Paddy Madden. 2 of the best strikers in League One for me! Up the Cods!