Peterborough United host struggling Southend United this evening (February 11) in a crucial game at both the top and the bottom of the Sky Bet League One table.
The visitors are 12 points adrift at the bottom of the table ahead of tonight’s game, while Posh are just a point behind Wycombe Wanderers in second place.
Ahead of the match, we spoke to AllAtSeaFanzine, a popular site for Southend United fans.
Here’s a look at what they had to say:
1) It’s fair to say you’ve struggled so far this season, why do you think this is?
We are paying the price for a few years of short-term squad building and long-term financial mismanagement. When off-field problems manifest on the pitch then you know there are no quick fixes.
2) Looking at your squad, are there any players that you think standout from the rest?
Only in the sense that there are some players who are definitely worse than others. Mark Milligan has been a complete flop and he started the season as an international captain
3) What impact has Sol Campbell had since becoming your manager?
We are more robust since we switched to a back four. In press conferences, he has openly stated his ignorance regarding the club’s transfer dealings and I couldn’t fail to mention his Instagram account.
4) Posh have won their last five games, how do you think you go about stopping them?
We won’t. If you want to win tonight, you will.
5) What Posh players worry you the most?
Any opposition player with a pulse is a terrifying prospect this season.
6) It’s not been the best season for you, but is there a moment that stands out?
We were 3-2 up away at Wycombe in August and managed to lose 4-3 with goals in the 89th and 92nd minute. Or Doncaster Rovers inflicting a 7-1 home defeat on us, our worst ever in the league. Or only winning one League game in the 19 of 19/20. Or losing to Dover in the FA cup and one of our players (IN HIS CLUB TRACKSUIT) having a beer with the Dover players in the pub after.
7) You’re 12 points from safety, but is there belief that you can survive?
8) What’s your score prediction for tonight’s game?
Peterborough to win and both teams to score
9) Finally, what’s your final table prediction? Who’s going up automatically/via Play-Offs, and who’s going down?
Bolton and Southend will go down, probably with Tranmere as their current goal difference leave them another point down. There are some big hitters at the top end of the table and it’s close enough for anyone to make a run for it. Coventry have only lost 3 all season so far so I make them the team to beat.